A fruity, boozy desert.
Serves: 4Print recipe »
- 200g fresh raspberries (frozen will do)
- 100g double cream
- 100g granulated sugar
- 25g icing sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 100g pinhead oats
- 2 tbsp whisky or Drambuie
- Keeping 20 raspberries aside for decoration, just cover the rest of the raspberries with water, bring to the boil, simmer for a few minutes, add sugar to taste.
- Leave to cool, put though a fine sieve, set aside until cold.
- Mix together pinhead oatmeal and brown sugar and place on baking tray under
- Keep moving around to prevent burning, when a nice toasted colour is achieved remove from grill and leave to cool. You should have a slightly sticky oat granola.
- Put the cream, icing sugar to taste and whisky/Drambuie in a bowl. Whip until stiff.
- Take four glass tumblers, put some of the pinhead oatmeal in the bottom, cover with a little coulis.
- Spoon in some cream mix, top with a few fresh raspberries, more coulis, more pinhead oats. Try and achieve a marble effect between the dark red coulis and the cream. Spoon in some more cream, dribble over coulis, top with three fresh raspberries, sprinkle with the remaining pinhead oats.
This should be made a few hours in advance and will happily sit in the fridge.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles login to read this month's magazine »
What's in this issue? - Login to view »
Keeping you up to date with what's happening in the industry
Banoffee pie coffee anyone?
British Pie Week
3rd - 9th March 2014
Frozen Food and Drink
It's official - frozen can be fresher than 'fresh'
Fish of the Month
The secret of a good pint
Introduced to the UK in October 2012, Automatic Enrolment is the new legislation that requires all employers to automatically enroll their eligible workers into a qualifying pension scheme and contribute to their pension pot. Read more >
The hotel industry in the UK and across Europe is facing a positive 2014 with demand on the up from both leisure and corporate guests. However if hotels are to succeed, they must adapt to today's guest, says global hotel consultancy HVS London. Read more >