4th May 2012
UK restaurants urged to participate in Real Wine Month
In conjunction with The Real Wine Fair, which is taking place in Holborn, London from 20-22 May, restaurants across the UK are being invited to take part in May’s Real Wine Month and give their customers the chance to try natural wines by the glass.
Natural wines are made from organic or biodynamic grapes with minimal intervention in the vineyard or the winery. Real Wine Month seeks to highlight and celebrate these wines in restaurants and independent retailers by making them widely available for consumers to taste.
Hundreds of restaurants have already signed up to the Month. Throughout May each of these restaurants will offer at least one white and one red natural wine by the glass. All the featured wines will be produced by a winegrower attending The Real Wine Fair.
The Real Wine Fair will be a comprehensive tasting of organic, biodynamic and natural wines, with a large number of growers and winemakers from all around the world in attendance. The event will also feature artisan food products, stalls selling street food, an exhibition of posters and art work, film screenings and debates and seminars discussing various topics on the theme of ‘Real Wine’.
The venue for The Real Wine Fair is B1, 6 Victoria House, Southampton Row, London WC1B 4DA. The nearest tube station is Holborn on the Piccadilly Line.
- Supermarkets sweep up at expense of local restaurants and takeaways
- Horizons' annual briefing gives hope for future growth with snacking to rise, but evening meals declining
- UK Coffee Week
- Bessant & Drury's Coconut Lemon 'Ice Cream' carries off top prize at 2013 FreeFrom Food Awards
- Time to vote for the craft guild of chefs people’s choice award
- Gadgets, gizmos and ideas for chefs at the CESA Light Equipment & Tableware Forum 2013
- Savoy lecture given by Most Powerful Person in UK Hospitality
- Hospitality Guild And People 1st Call For Support To Access Share Of £250m Skills Funding Pot
Afternoon tea, shrimps and prawns, grains and pulses, New Zealand wines, managing your online reputation, staff apprenticeships, focus on Margate, Industry and Equipment News and more...
Next issue out:
Editorial Copy deadline:
9th May 2013
Advertising deadline: 13th Jun 2013