Sautéed Scallops and Tiger Prawns
Seafood starter with potatoes and green veg
Recipe courtesy of British Frozen Food Federation (BFFF) and caterer Oliver BrownPrint recipe »
- 12 large king scallops, frozen
- 8/10 frozen tiger prawns
- 1 red onion
- 1 tub of marinated artichokes (8 halves approx)
- 200g (approx) frozen green beans
- 150/200g chorizo
- 8 new potatoes (cooked and halved)
- Frozen coriander (1 bunch/bag)
- 2 large chillies with their seeds removed (the small ones are too spicy)
- 1 bag of rocket to garnish
- Defrost the green beans.
- Boil the new potatoes until nearly cooked through and then refresh under cold water to arrest the cooking process.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil, halve the potatoes and fry until they become golden, add the artichokes and green beans and some finely sliced red onion.
- Fry scallops in a very hot pan with a little oil to caramelise, add the prawns, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Mix together and dress the plate with rocket leaves to serve. Ensure the scallops and prawns are spread out. Dress with chopped coriander, finely sliced chilli, garlic purée and olive oil.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
Follow us on Twitter
Cider is worth £1.7 billion in the on trade (CGA Brand Index 2014). However, in spite of the fact that the overall cider market has started to plateau, cider is still attracting a lot of attention. Read more >
Consumers can’t get enough of burgers and establishments specialising in premium quality burgers are becoming commonplace. Read more >