Catering news - For this month's news - View magazine »
Bestway recognises colleagues at annual Performance Awards 2018
Bestway Wholesale recognised its teams and individuals who have gone above and beyond to provide excellent service in an employee awards ceremony on Thursday 21 February.
500 Bestway Wholesale colleagues and suppliers attended the 2018 Bestway Performance Awards, which recognise the excellent performance of the company’s employees from across teams in the 2017/18 financial year.
17 colleagues and teams, and three suppliers, were recognised for their achievements including ‘Driver of the year’, ‘Depot of the year’, ‘Head office colleague of the year’ and ‘Supplier of the year’.
Managing Director, Dawood Pervez said: “For over 14 years, our Performance Awards have been central to Bestway in recognising the commitment and exceptional talent we are proud to see within our and our suppliers’ businesses.
“The awards are all about championing our people. While there have to be winners within the awards process, every one of our nominees, chosen by their colleagues, are winners.”
The winners for each of the people categories were:
- Driver of the Year - Stephen Horgan, Bestway Plymouth
- Picker of the Year - Kaushal Kaushal, Bestway Abbey Road
- Receptionist of the Year - Ornuma Burke, Bestway Leeds
- Depot Colleague of the Year – Akhtar Ali, Bestway Romford
- Customer Satisfaction - Batleys Leeds
- Community award - Bestpets, for their ‘watch the birdie’ campaign
- Unsung Hero Award - Debra Allen, Multiple Account Manager
- Values Award - Herchelle Perez-Terrado, Licensed Controller
- Customer sales representative, at Bestway Vans Direct - Rob Spears, Snacks
- Catering salesperson of the year – Syed Shah, regional account manager
- Customer service centre team member of the year - Linda Ross, customer advisor
- Pet salesperson of the year - Cheryll Flanagan, Regional sales development manager
- Retail salesperson of the year - Hitesh Mehta, territory sales manager for London
- Head Office Colleague of the Year - Pretash Patel, Assistant property and transport managerHead Office Department of the Year - The Customer Contact Centre, Perth
- Depot Manager of the Year - Zahid Akbar and his operations manager Habib-ur Rehman, Bestway Manchester
- Depot of the year - Batleys Liverpool
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
With the festive season nearly upon us, now is the time to check that all is planned and ready both to embrace and benefit from this particularly busy time of year. Read more >
Britvic’s 2017 research into the importance of soft drinks at Christmas revealed that almost half of consumers (45%) were set to buy more soft drinks at Christmas and over a fifth (21%) planned to drink less alcohol. Read more >