Catering news - For this month's news - View magazine »
Bestway recognises colleagues at annual Performance Awards 2018
Bestway Wholesale recognised its teams and individuals who have gone above and beyond to provide excellent service in an employee awards ceremony on Thursday 21 February.
500 Bestway Wholesale colleagues and suppliers attended the 2018 Bestway Performance Awards, which recognise the excellent performance of the company’s employees from across teams in the 2017/18 financial year.
17 colleagues and teams, and three suppliers, were recognised for their achievements including ‘Driver of the year’, ‘Depot of the year’, ‘Head office colleague of the year’ and ‘Supplier of the year’.
Managing Director, Dawood Pervez said: “For over 14 years, our Performance Awards have been central to Bestway in recognising the commitment and exceptional talent we are proud to see within our and our suppliers’ businesses.
“The awards are all about championing our people. While there have to be winners within the awards process, every one of our nominees, chosen by their colleagues, are winners.”
The winners for each of the people categories were:
- Driver of the Year - Stephen Horgan, Bestway Plymouth
- Picker of the Year - Kaushal Kaushal, Bestway Abbey Road
- Receptionist of the Year - Ornuma Burke, Bestway Leeds
- Depot Colleague of the Year – Akhtar Ali, Bestway Romford
- Customer Satisfaction - Batleys Leeds
- Community award - Bestpets, for their ‘watch the birdie’ campaign
- Unsung Hero Award - Debra Allen, Multiple Account Manager
- Values Award - Herchelle Perez-Terrado, Licensed Controller
- Customer sales representative, at Bestway Vans Direct - Rob Spears, Snacks
- Catering salesperson of the year – Syed Shah, regional account manager
- Customer service centre team member of the year - Linda Ross, customer advisor
- Pet salesperson of the year - Cheryll Flanagan, Regional sales development manager
- Retail salesperson of the year - Hitesh Mehta, territory sales manager for London
- Head Office Colleague of the Year - Pretash Patel, Assistant property and transport managerHead Office Department of the Year - The Customer Contact Centre, Perth
- Depot Manager of the Year - Zahid Akbar and his operations manager Habib-ur Rehman, Bestway Manchester
- Depot of the year - Batleys Liverpool
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
RT @ChefGruel: When the shutdown ends, I’m inviting everyone who retweets this to my chicken concept Two Birds. Double birds on me. https:/…
NEWS!! After 13 years EC magazine is closing on the 30th April, it’s a decision from the top, nothing to do with CO… https://t.co/N97wicqo9j
Christmas may be heralded as a time for customers to be jolly and let their hair down, but the extra pressure on hospitality workers can take its toll. This year has witnessed an unprecedented amount of media attention being given to mental health. Read more >
Back in the day, the availability of cocktails out of home was very much limited to eponymous bars where your drinks were served by expert mixologists with a flair for spinning and twirling bottles as they created their offer. Read more >