Simple Roast Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
A fine example of flavourings transforming a dish.
Recipe courtesy of Neil Thornley, chef at The Chequers Inn, Maresfield, Sussex.Print recipe »
- 550g new potatoes
- 30g garlic, crushed
- 20g rosemary
- 100ml olive oil
- 30g Knorr Gravy Granules for Meat
Pre-heat oven to 180°C/375°F/Gas 4
- Boil the potatoes with half the garlic and rosemary until just tender. Drain and dry well.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium to high heat, add potatoes and cook until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the gravy granules and remaining garlic and rosemary, mix well.
- Place in the oven and cook for a further 10 mins or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with BBQ meats and fish.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Twitter
Very few publicans can now make a serious living without a food offering of some sorts. Food has become the holy grail of the hospitality industry. We look into how venues can develop a food offering without the need for a fully equipped kitchen. Read more >
Served at more than half a billion out-of-home meal occasions annually; sausages account for one in five of all red meat servings out of the home, the British still love their bangers. Read more >