Sautéed Scallops and Tiger Prawns
Seafood starter with potatoes and green veg
Recipe courtesy of British Frozen Food Federation (BFFF) and caterer Oliver BrownPrint recipe »
- 12 large king scallops, frozen
- 8/10 frozen tiger prawns
- 1 red onion
- 1 tub of marinated artichokes (8 halves approx)
- 200g (approx) frozen green beans
- 150/200g chorizo
- 8 new potatoes (cooked and halved)
- Frozen coriander (1 bunch/bag)
- 2 large chillies with their seeds removed (the small ones are too spicy)
- 1 bag of rocket to garnish
- Defrost the green beans.
- Boil the new potatoes until nearly cooked through and then refresh under cold water to arrest the cooking process.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil, halve the potatoes and fry until they become golden, add the artichokes and green beans and some finely sliced red onion.
- Fry scallops in a very hot pan with a little oil to caramelise, add the prawns, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Mix together and dress the plate with rocket leaves to serve. Ensure the scallops and prawns are spread out. Dress with chopped coriander, finely sliced chilli, garlic purée and olive oil.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
Follow us on Twitter
Very few publicans can now make a serious living without a food offering of some sorts. Food has become the holy grail of the hospitality industry. We look into how venues can develop a food offering without the need for a fully equipped kitchen. Read more >
Served at more than half a billion out-of-home meal occasions annually; sausages account for one in five of all red meat servings out of the home, the British still love their bangers. Read more >