Sautéed Scallops and Tiger Prawns
Seafood starter with potatoes and green veg
Serves: 4Print recipe »
- 12 large king scallops, frozen
- 8/10 frozen tiger prawns
- 1 red onion
- 1 tub of marinated artichokes (8 halves approx)
- 200g (approx) frozen green beans
- 150/200g chorizo
- 8 new potatoes (cooked and halved)
- Frozen coriander (1 bunch/bag)
- 2 large chillies with their seeds removed (the small ones are too spicy)
- 1 bag of rocket to garnish
- Defrost the green beans.
- Boil the new potatoes until nearly cooked through and then refresh under cold water to arrest the cooking process.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil, halve the potatoes and fry until they become golden, add the artichokes and green beans and some finely sliced red onion.
- Fry scallops in a very hot pan with a little oil to caramelise, add the prawns, season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Mix together and dress the plate with rocket leaves to serve. Ensure the scallops and prawns are spread out. Dress with chopped coriander, finely sliced chilli, garlic purée and olive oil.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles login to read this month's magazine »
What's in this issue? - Login to view »
Keeping you up to date with what's happening in the industry
Embrace those Spring/Summer flavours
Eggs are for life, not just Easter
It's official - we Brits love our eggs
One of the UK and Europe’s most beloved shellfish species
Marketing with SMS
Fill your establishment at the touch of a button
FreeFrom & Allergen Laws
Are you ready for December's legislation?
Extend your drinks range and reap the benefits
Introduced to the UK in October 2012, Automatic Enrolment is the new legislation that requires all employers to automatically enroll their eligible workers into a qualifying pension scheme and contribute to their pension pot. Read more >
The hotel industry in the UK and across Europe is facing a positive 2014 with demand on the up from both leisure and corporate guests. However if hotels are to succeed, they must adapt to today's guest, says global hotel consultancy HVS London. Read more >