Sausage and Three Tomato Tartlet
Something different to try with chipolatas.
- 1kg (21⁄4lb) puff pastry
- 12–14 tomatoes, sliced
- 24–30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 pieces sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 36 spicy British pork chipolatas
- Approximately 30 pitted black olives, halved
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into twelve rectangles approx. 12cm x 16cm (5 x 61⁄2 inches). Arrange a mixture of the three types of tomato on each piece of pastry, leaving a 1cm (1⁄2 inch) border around the edge. Scatter over a little crushed garlic and lay 3 chipolatas on each tartlet. Add a few olives and drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake at 220°C / 425°F / Gas mark 7 for 18-20 minutes until the pastry is well risen and golden, and the sausages are cooked. Before serving, strew over a few fresh
- Serve hot or warm with salad.
Recipe courtesy of BPEX.