Catalan Crème Brulée
Crème Brulée with a Mediterranean twist
Recipe courtesy of Mickael WeissPrint recipe »
- 825ml double cream
- 8 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange zest
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod (or essence to taste)
- 1 lime, zest
- Bring the cream to the boil with the zest, vanilla, cinnamon and star anise. Leave to cool overnight.
- The next day bring cream to a simmer and pass through a sieve, mix the sugar and eggs.
- Incorporate the boiled cream in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Place in shallow portion dishes and bake for 50 minutes at 125°C/260°F/Gas Mark 1/2.
- Leave to cool. Remove from fridge an hour before serving. Caramelise the top with light brown sugar and serve.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
Follow us on Twitter
Every catering business knows that food and pests can be a poisonous combination - one that poses a serious threat not only to the health of customers and staff but also to the business as a whole. Read more >
Seafood Week is an eight-day national campaign encouraging the UK public to eat more fish more often and celebrate the plethora of seafood available in the UK. Read more >