Catalan Crème Brulée
Crème Brulée with a Mediterranean twist
Recipe courtesy of Mickael WeissPrint recipe »
- 825ml double cream
- 8 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange zest
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod (or essence to taste)
- 1 lime, zest
- Bring the cream to the boil with the zest, vanilla, cinnamon and star anise. Leave to cool overnight.
- The next day bring cream to a simmer and pass through a sieve, mix the sugar and eggs.
- Incorporate the boiled cream in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Place in shallow portion dishes and bake for 50 minutes at 125°C/260°F/Gas Mark 1/2.
- Leave to cool. Remove from fridge an hour before serving. Caramelise the top with light brown sugar and serve.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
Dates for Your Diary
Follow us on Twitter
@trevorburke Thanks Trevor!
Did you know that Champagne and cheese pair brilliantly. Thanks Cattier and British Cheese Board for great experience.
On 13 December 2014 new laws for the foodservice industry will come in effect, suppliers and establishments providing food products will need to label products, ensuring that food allergens are listed and highlighted. Read more >
Read how the Curry for Change led by UK charity Find Your Feet helps vulnerable rural families in Asia and Africa to change their situation for the better. Read more >