Catalan Crème Brulée
Crème Brulée with a Mediterranean twist
Serves: 6Print recipe »
- 825ml double cream
- 8 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange zest
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod (or essence to taste)
- 1 lime, zest
- Bring the cream to the boil with the zest, vanilla, cinnamon and star anise. Leave to cool overnight.
- The next day bring cream to a simmer and pass through a sieve, mix the sugar and eggs.
- Incorporate the boiled cream in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Place in shallow portion dishes and bake for 50 minutes at 125°C/260°F/Gas Mark 1/2.
- Leave to cool. Remove from fridge an hour before serving. Caramelise the top with light brown sugar and serve.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles login to read this month's magazine »
What's in this issue? - Login to view »
Keeping you up to date with what's happening in the industry
Embrace those Spring/Summer flavours
Eggs are for life, not just Easter
It's official - we Brits love our eggs
One of the UK and Europe’s most beloved shellfish species
Marketing with SMS
Fill your establishment at the touch of a button
FreeFrom & Allergen Laws
Are you ready for December's legislation?
Extend your drinks range and reap the benefits
Introduced to the UK in October 2012, Automatic Enrolment is the new legislation that requires all employers to automatically enroll their eligible workers into a qualifying pension scheme and contribute to their pension pot. Read more >
The hotel industry in the UK and across Europe is facing a positive 2014 with demand on the up from both leisure and corporate guests. However if hotels are to succeed, they must adapt to today's guest, says global hotel consultancy HVS London. Read more >