Catalan Crème Brulée
Crème Brulée with a Mediterranean twist
Recipe courtesy of Mickael WeissPrint recipe »
- 825ml double cream
- 8 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange zest
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod (or essence to taste)
- 1 lime, zest
- Bring the cream to the boil with the zest, vanilla, cinnamon and star anise. Leave to cool overnight.
- The next day bring cream to a simmer and pass through a sieve, mix the sugar and eggs.
- Incorporate the boiled cream in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Place in shallow portion dishes and bake for 50 minutes at 125°C/260°F/Gas Mark 1/2.
- Leave to cool. Remove from fridge an hour before serving. Caramelise the top with light brown sugar and serve.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
Follow us on Twitter
@jackiemmitchell Thanks Jackie. Lovely to get your feedback.
The most recent reports suggest that up to 10 people die in the UK each year because of food allergen exposure Read more >
Research from Allegra (on behalf of UCC Coffee UK & Ireland) tells us that two thirds of consumers judge the quality of a restaurant, pub or hotel based on the quality of its coffee. Read more >