Catalan Crème Brulée
Crème Brulée with a Mediterranean twist
Recipe courtesy of Mickael WeissPrint recipe »
- 825ml double cream
- 8 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange zest
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod (or essence to taste)
- 1 lime, zest
- Bring the cream to the boil with the zest, vanilla, cinnamon and star anise. Leave to cool overnight.
- The next day bring cream to a simmer and pass through a sieve, mix the sugar and eggs.
- Incorporate the boiled cream in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Place in shallow portion dishes and bake for 50 minutes at 125°C/260°F/Gas Mark 1/2.
- Leave to cool. Remove from fridge an hour before serving. Caramelise the top with light brown sugar and serve.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
Dates for Your Diary
Christmas is Coming
Curry for Change
Are You Allergen Aware?
Follow us on Twitter
You may well run the cleanest kitchen in the business, but if you fail to pay attention to the state of your extract ductwork, you could well be breaking the law. Read more >
Approximately 10.8 million working days are lost in the UK each year due to stress. One in five people have called in sick due to stress at some time, but 93% of those lied about their reason for absence. Read more >