Catalan Crème Brulée
Crème Brulée with a Mediterranean twist
Recipe courtesy of Mickael WeissPrint recipe »
- 825ml double cream
- 8 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange zest
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod (or essence to taste)
- 1 lime, zest
- Bring the cream to the boil with the zest, vanilla, cinnamon and star anise. Leave to cool overnight.
- The next day bring cream to a simmer and pass through a sieve, mix the sugar and eggs.
- Incorporate the boiled cream in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Place in shallow portion dishes and bake for 50 minutes at 125°C/260°F/Gas Mark 1/2.
- Leave to cool. Remove from fridge an hour before serving. Caramelise the top with light brown sugar and serve.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles view this month's magazine »
Inside this issue
Another brilliant conference #tucoconf v well organised with particularly good key note speakers. Thanks TUCO.
Due to the nature of the hospitality and foodservice industry – with its cash tips and untraceable food items that may have either been sold for taxable cash or thrown away as a loss – the HMRC likes to keep a close eye on the sector. Read more >
Recent research from Barclays on the feedback economy revealed the UK hospitality and leisure industry could boost the UK economy by £3.2bn over the course of the next decade by improving how customer feedback is used. Read more >