Catalan Crème Brulée
Crème Brulée with a Mediterranean twist
Serves: 6Print recipe »
- 825ml double cream
- 8 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange zest
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod (or essence to taste)
- 1 lime, zest
- Bring the cream to the boil with the zest, vanilla, cinnamon and star anise. Leave to cool overnight.
- The next day bring cream to a simmer and pass through a sieve, mix the sugar and eggs.
- Incorporate the boiled cream in the egg and sugar mixture.
- Place in shallow portion dishes and bake for 50 minutes at 125°C/260°F/Gas Mark 1/2.
- Leave to cool. Remove from fridge an hour before serving. Caramelise the top with light brown sugar and serve.
Previous issues - For latest news & articles login to read this month's magazine »
What's in this issue? - Login to view »
Keeping you up to date with what's happening in the industry
Banoffee pie coffee anyone?
British Pie Week
3rd - 9th March 2014
Frozen Food and Drink
It's official - frozen can be fresher than 'fresh'
Fish of the Month
The secret of a good pint
Introduced to the UK in October 2012, Automatic Enrolment is the new legislation that requires all employers to automatically enroll their eligible workers into a qualifying pension scheme and contribute to their pension pot. Read more >
The hotel industry in the UK and across Europe is facing a positive 2014 with demand on the up from both leisure and corporate guests. However if hotels are to succeed, they must adapt to today's guest, says global hotel consultancy HVS London. Read more >