27th June 2012
Nottingham Food & Drink Festival 2012
Organisers of the Nottingham Food and Drink Festival have announced a host of new ingredients, which are set to make this year’s event the most varied yet.
Now in its fourth year, the Festival is once again organised by We Are Nottingham, the Business Improvement District (BID) for licensed premises in the city centre, with the headline sponsor for 2012 being bmibaby.
Running from Wednesday 4 July until Sunday 8 July, the centrepiece of the Festival will be a local and regional food and drink market in Nottingham’s Market Square, with over 40 stalls. The market will also feature a new beer and wine sampling area, stocked with a wide selection of wines and locally produced real ales.
The demo theatre will also make a welcome return, newly extended for 2012. Acclaimed chef, broadcaster and writer Richard Fox will host demonstrations by some of Nottingham’s finest chefs, as well as taking to the hob himself.
Richard has developed a reputation for cooking with beer and is known as ‘The Beer Chef’, providing the perfect complement to the introduction of beer and wine sampling at this year’s Festival.
Once again, restaurants and bars across the city centre will be hosting a varied programme of events and masterclasses, with everything from sushi making to blind cocktail tasting.
For more information on the bmibaby Nottingham Food and Drink Festival 2012, visit www.nottsfoodanddrinkfestival.com
- Taste of London adds more top chefs and restaurants to the 10th anniversary line-up
- Out-of-home food and drink index makes brewer top dog with 193% growth
- Unilever gives chefs the technology to help reduce consumer food waste
- Pork-gate leads to thorough meat-sampling programme in Leicester
- Clement Robert is Moët UK Sommelier of The Year 2013
- Supermarkets sweep up at expense of local restaurants and takeaways
- Horizons' annual briefing gives hope for future growth with snacking to rise, but evening meals declining
- UK Coffee Week
Afternoon tea, shrimps and prawns, grains and pulses, New Zealand wines, managing your online reputation, staff apprenticeships, focus on Margate, Industry and Equipment News and more...
Next issue out:
Editorial Copy deadline:
9th May 2013
Advertising deadline: 13th Jun 2013