23rd June 2012
Chia: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood
Dr Wayne Coates is on a mission to spread the word about ‘chia’ – a little superfood that was used by the Aztecs for centuries and that he has been studying since 1991.
In his book, Coates explains how the seed is a gluten-free natural appetite suppressant that helps regenerate muscle, sustain energy and balance blood sugar. With more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon and more fibre but fewer carbs than rice, grains and corn, chia provides a complete source of dietary protein.
Chia: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood is published by Sterling (price £9.99 ISBN: 9781402799433) and covers the history and benefits of chia, plus recipe ideas.
Chia can be bought in Holland & Barrett.
- Taste of London adds more top chefs and restaurants to the 10th anniversary line-up
- Out-of-home food and drink index makes brewer top dog with 193% growth
- Unilever gives chefs the technology to help reduce consumer food waste
- Pork-gate leads to thorough meat-sampling programme in Leicester
- Clement Robert is Moët UK Sommelier of The Year 2013
- Supermarkets sweep up at expense of local restaurants and takeaways
- Horizons' annual briefing gives hope for future growth with snacking to rise, but evening meals declining
- UK Coffee Week
Afternoon tea, shrimps and prawns, grains and pulses, New Zealand wines, managing your online reputation, staff apprenticeships, focus on Margate, Industry and Equipment News and more...
Next issue out:
Editorial Copy deadline:
9th May 2013
Advertising deadline: 13th Jun 2013