As more and more consumers are looking for healthier options on the menu, why not satisfy their desires with venison? Recent research indicates that you could be on to a winner
With profit margins on cups of coffee typically coming in at around 90 per cent, and out-of-home sales of the drink rising substantially year on year, here is a sure-fire winner for any catering establishment.
There are those who believe that even in this downturn there is an upside for the catering industry, one of which is the quality and availability of staff
As provenance of food becomes ever more of an issue, you can't go wrong with English apples. In spite of adverse challenges in the past, the future looks bright for this tasty part of English heritage.
Those who work in the tourism and catering industries have to remain mindful of seasonal fluctuations in business. One of the unique challenges for seasonal businesses is recruitment.
In today's economic climate we find ourselves increasingly looking at the bottom line and searching for ways to cut costs without compromising on quality or taste
More and more families are regularly dining out, making catering for children a profitable priority for operators
In recent years we've experienced the fastest rate of food inflation since records began, and for caterers the impetus is now firmly on sourcing cost-effective ingredients.
If you thought that Welsh food was just about laver bread, lamb and leeks, it's time to think again.
Organic farmer Peter Kindersley has long been a proponent of pesticide-free farming. Adam Baggs visited him on his organic farm in Berkshire.
The downturn in the general economy has reduced leisure spending by businesses as well as individuals. This may be the start of things to come
Wiltshire is as famous for exceptional food and drink as it is for its stunning countryside. Darryl W Bullock sampled the culinary delights of this West Country heaven for foodies
- Supermarkets sweep up at expense of local restaurants and takeaways
- Horizons' annual briefing gives hope for future growth with snacking to rise, but evening meals declining
- UK Coffee Week
- Bessant & Drury's Coconut Lemon 'Ice Cream' carries off top prize at 2013 FreeFrom Food Awards
- Time to vote for the craft guild of chefs people’s choice award
- Gadgets, gizmos and ideas for chefs at the CESA Light Equipment & Tableware Forum 2013
- Savoy lecture given by Most Powerful Person in UK Hospitality
- Hospitality Guild And People 1st Call For Support To Access Share Of £250m Skills Funding Pot
Afternoon tea, shrimps and prawns, grains and pulses, New Zealand wines, managing your online reputation, staff apprenticeships, focus on Margate, Industry and Equipment News and more...
Next issue out:
Editorial Copy deadline:
9th May 2013
Advertising deadline: 13th Jun 2013